The Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2005 Reporting Services Add-in for SharePoint Technologies is a Web download that provides features for running a report server within a larger deployment of Microsoft Windows® SharePoint® Services 3.0 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. The Reporting Services Add-in provides the following functionality:
- A Report Viewer Web Part, which provides report viewing capability, export to other rendering formats, page navigation, search, print, and zoom.
- Web application pages so that you can create subscriptions and schedules, set model item security, and manage reports, models, and data sources.
- Support for standard Windows SharePoint Services features including document management, collaboration, security, and deployment with report server content types. You can use alerts, versioning (check in/out), and Filter Web Parts with reports. You can add the Report Viewer Web Part to any page or dashboard on a SharePoint site and customize its appearance. You can use SharePoint permission levels and roles to control access to report server content. You can also use SharePoint forms authentication to support access over Internet connections.
- Support for additional languages. The Web application pages, Report Builder, and ReportBuilder.chm are available in the standard SQL Server languages (Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, and Spanish), and the following additional languages: Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Norwegian (Bokmal), Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazilian), Swedish, and Turkish.
The Reporting Services Add-in works together with updated program files that are in SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (SP2). SP2 is required on the report server and provides the following functionality for a report server that is configured for SharePoint integrated mode:
- Synchronization from SharePoint content databases to the report server database.
- A custom security extension that uses SharePoint permissions to control access to report server operations.
- A new delivery extension that you can use in subscriptions to deliver reports to SharePoint libraries.
- A revised Reporting Services Configuration tool that you can use to configure a report server for SharePoint integrated operations.
- Publish reports and models from Report Designer and Model Designer to a SharePoint library.
- Open reports and models in Report Builder from a SharePoint library, and save reports to SharePoint libraries across the site.
- A new SOAP endpoint for managing report server content in SharePoint integrated mode.
The add-in is available as a download from Microsoft.